Saturday, February 28, 2015

Art Challenge 2015

Well, it's been one of those weeks.  I haven't had a chance to work on my weekly challenge yet, week 8 let's just say is still "processing".  I have tried to play catch-up with the 21 Day Art Journal Challenge that I am also involved in.  It's been wonderful, and time-consuming.  I'm behind with it also, but eh, I'm working on it.
 
As soon as I can get my weekly card (#8) done I'll get it posted.  For now, here's day 8-11 for the weekly challenge with a little bit of my process as well.
 
Day 8- Transfers
This is my first transfer.  I really like the distressed look, thank goodness because that's about as good as I could get.  I really like the finished product but was nervous I'd hate it during the process.  It simply wasn't "working".  I used a gloss medium from Wally World and a picture of a gate with vine growing on it from a magazine.
You can see the paper pulp still on the page but the more I tried to get it off the more of the transfer that came off with it.  I gave up and left it alone.
 I added a few flowers within the vine.
 and then added a stencil pattern over the top with the gloss medium. 
Gave it an interesting effect, barely noticeable but pretty neat none-the-less.  I need to invest in a couple nice stencils and try this again.
 
 
Day 9- Mark Making
Here are the tools I considered using.  I thought buttons would be a great mark maker but they really didn't work very well.  I ended up using a palette knife, straw, meat tenderizer and paper towel.  Love the finished result.
 I went to Michael's but couldn't remember what mom told me to buy.  I got frustrated so I left with nothing and used spackling paste instead.  Worked pretty good, wasn't sure it'd hold up.  Thinking I could possibly wake up to a crumbly mess in the morning.  What d'ya think?  Did it work?
 Here it is with two shades of pink added.  I used a little bit of water to help it spread better, which also knocked down and softened the texture.
 I added a lime green as well.
 Finished it off with a layer of gloss medium to add depth and shine.  It's been three days as I write this post and it is still doing just fine.  I'm a little surprised, but it worked.
 
 
Day 10- Hearts and Wings
My thought, my kids.  They completely stole my heart and it's my job to give them wings so they can fly away.  I have two boys in college, leaving the nest so I chose to use the idea of birds (which are the wings in a round-a-bout way) and made them out of heart shapes.  I really love how it turned out.
 
 
 
Day 11- Map It
 As soon as I saw the title of the challenge for day 11 I knew what I wanted to do, our 20th Anniversary Trip to Yosemite.  We had so much fun backcountry camping and a map was definitely a necessity.  I used pictures and a basic map of the area from a park paper I brought back from the trip.
 
 I used a bottle of paint to add circles, writing our days activities as well as a few specific memories within.
 Then, I colored some of them in with markers.
 
 
 
I am still behind, (should be at Day14 of the 21 day challenge and week 8 of my 2015 challenge) hopefully I can get caught up this weekend.  All in good time!  Hope you are spending some quality time crafting and learning new things.  Always lots to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...