Walking through any Antique Mall you'll find a wide array of interesting pieces perfect for upcycling. Here's a variety of great Christmas Decorating ideas using easily found items.
1. This adorable Christmas Tree made from old pieces of hardware. I've seen them also made from rolled papers, buttons, jewelry pieces and the like.
2. I love using old books for decorating purposes. The Reader's Digest Series from the 50's that can be found in quantity and are difficult to even give away are perfect for book projects.
3. Ball jars are also plentiful. So many ways to decorate them for the Holidays.
4. These are cute. Wine bottles could also be decorated up for adorable holiday décor.
5. One of our dealers had some of these for sale. Still kicking myself for not grabbing them. So cute. A walk around any antique mall will reveal a variety of tart tins as well as such cute doughnut tins. So many cute projects.... so little time.
6. Do you have a collection of oil cans? What a cute way to jazz them up for the holidays.
7. We have one of these at the shop.... I might just have to buy it. These are adorable. (Couldn't find a link back to give credit.)
8. I have a dump truck in typical yellow, purchased to use for holiday décor. Its still sitting in my closet. What a cute idea. Follow the link for a great blog full of cute holiday decorating ideas.
9. Antique Malls are full of a variety of wood boxes, perfect for decorating. Check out the olive bucket in the back left corner. Gorgeous!
10. Shutters are a staple at many antique malls. How cute is that?
11. Don't have a fireplace mantle! What a great alternative and it can be used in a bathroom or kitchen as a towel rack throughout the year.
12. I have some old lampshades I've collected over the years for a variety of projects.... This is wonderful. Follow the link and she's got one all decorated up.
13. Another great idea for glass jars. Love the "peep-show" idea.
14. Another great tin idea. The possibilities are endless. Couldn't find a link but there is a watermark in the bottom left corner. (I can't clearly make it out.... can you?)
15. Adorable. I have a couple different ways I display Christmas cards, this is perfect for just a few of your favorites.
For more great ideas for Holiday décor check out our Pinterest Board DIY Christmas Decorations.
Then, come on in and grab some supplies. From everyone here at thechirpingfrog Merry Christmas!