Sunday, May 17, 2015

More Plastic Bottle Craziness


After making a few Plastic Bottle Planters, I still had plenty of bottles left so I thought, "why not try a wreath" and see what happens. Still not sure if I like it or not, but I'm hoping as it fills in it'll "grow" on me.

Here's a brief look at how I did it:

 I had a few of these grapevine wreaths laying around so that's what I'm using for my base. You'll also need your plastic bottles and some zip ties. Any wreath form will do.



I used a hole punch to make holes in my bottles and zip ties to hold it to the frame base.

I haphazardly placed them around the wreath. Three on the top and three around the bottom. The sides are tricky. I'm betting using a drill might have worked better for putting in the holes, giving me a little more versatility for where they had to go. You're a little limited by the length of the hole punch.

I found a spot to hang the wreath in order to plant it. Simply fill your bottles partially full with potting soil and start adding flowers. I used purple potato vine, yellow petunias, purple/white striated petunias and white alyssum. Here it is ready to be planted.

And here it is fully planted. I thought I had a door hanger but couldn't find it so for now it's found a home on the back of a bench on my front porch.  Can't wait to see how it fills in.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...