Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Building The Chirping Frog- Part 14

It has been one of those weeks, I was so excited to get some metal up yet here we sit, no metal, even though its been here for nearly a week.  The rain has put a damper on things and I'm just a tad bit irritated.  Someone is trying to teach me some patience I guess.

Here's a look at the building as it sits right now, the only change from last week is the purlins across the roof (the boards every 2' that the metal attaches to) and the leader board (that's not its technical name?  across the front edge of the hangover at the soffit area, what's that called?)  It is completely ready and begging for metal, come on, let me see some metal, pretty please!


Here's some of the metal, more to come.


On the flip side, we are gearing up and getting ready for the next phase.  Jason and I headed out to Oklahoma, with the dog (that was her first long trip) to pick up cabinetry.   Check these beauties out.  We took the metal with us and the guys spent the evening cutting it out and getting it installed.

If I wasn't chomping at the bit before I really am now.  Can't wait to get them installed.

Crazy dog.  She had way too much fun while the guys worked.  She managed to slip out of her harness (she's channeling Houdini I think), determined to see the cows and goats while I had other plans.  She won!  Once we got her corraled again I tried putting her in the back of the truck in the shade (she won't jump into the backseat yet try to corral her and she'll try just about anything to gain her freedom).  I ended up tightening up her harness and holding onto her all night.  Fun!  Stubborn as a mule!

Although things seem to be moving at a snail's pace, I'm sure it'll pick up soon and before you know it we'll be opening The Chirping Frog, a new antique and more mall with a variety of antiques, collectibles, vintage, home decor, furniture, artisan wares and repurposed items.

Here's weekly updates from the beginning if you're interested:

Next week I will really be a basket case if I don't have some serious progress to share with you. Please, oh please, lets get some work done this week (go away rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...