Thursday, May 26, 2016

Building The Chirping Frog- Part 12

It's been another exciting day around here.  I'm late with this week's post because noticeable change didn't happen till today and I didn't want to have to wait another week to share it.  Trusses are going up and this building is coming together.     

Our newest adventure is moving right along, before you know it we'll be opening The Chirping Frog; an antique, collectibles, vintage, home decor, furniture, artisan wares and more shopping mall.  I'm also planning to host classes in a variety of great topics.  Any artists out there looking to teach a class?  Let's talk.  Here are some links if you're interested in following our progress:

The other half of the building is framed and ready to raise.

 They still have finishing touches but would ya just look at that!  We've got walls.

Some of the finishing touches that still need done before trusses go up.

If you noticed in earlier pictures the large gaps in the framing on either end of the building, that's where we decided to add some windows.  We were having it framed for future overhead doors (just in case, as hubby always says, "we don't plan to fail just fail to plan") so we plopped some windows in there for added light.


The front door, can't wait to get our pine trusses up there!

Would ya look at that, the rain slowed things down a bit but they got some trusses up.


I also spent some time this week, 8 hours one day and about killed myself (between the stench and the aftermath of a sore body) getting the pine trusses and decking stained.  I still have the poles to do but that shouldn't be too bad.  After that I hope to never smell that nasty stuff again.  Its pretty potent.
 

Took an inventory today of my vertical mix supplies and am getting ready to order what I need for the wainscoting and pole supports.  Won't be long now and I'll be sore as can be, again, with concrete burns on my fingers and wishing (for the moment anyhow) that I'd scrapped the wainscoting idea but don't let my temporary whining fool you, I love every minute of it and can't wait to get started.

I'd love to say that next time the trusses will all be up and we'll be moving on to bigger and better things but with the weather forecast and the holiday weekend coming up I think I'd be lying. 

Patience, my dear, all in due time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...