I'm a big fan of mosaic tile work and am always on the lookout for furniture pieces that will work for my purposes. A quick Pinterest search revealed many more applications. Take a look at ten fabulous projects I found that use a variety of base materials.
1. Wood furniture pieces are ideal and top my list of things to look for. You could mosaic the top, drawer fronts or go for the gusto and cover the whole piece. A great way to update a piece of furniture and give it new life.
12 Creative Crafts that Take Broken China from Trash to Treasure
2. I love beautiful metal trays and have bought quite a few over the years but never thought to mosaic them. What a cute project.
From Reclaimed Designs on Etsy
3. Chairs make wonderful mosaic projects. I've seen them covered in marbles, buttons, paper mosaic and the like. All are fabulous.
Check out her site, lots of great glass mosaic project ideas.
4. Wood is a wonderful base. Look for trays, boxes, lengths of any kind. Love how they added hooks to these.
Found on Pinterst
5. I can't help but love these. Always plenty of tools lying around, we break a multitude of shovels with all the projects we take on... glue them babies back together and give them a mosaic treatment.
Don't mind me, I'm just raiding the shed for broken shovels!
6. Never would of thought to do this but I love the end result. Such a cute piece.
|Adorable Mosaic Teapot found on Pinterest|
7. This is fabulous. Take a wood or metal box, drawer, trough... whatever and give it a mosaic treatment with teacups added for extra storage. What a cute idea!
8. Doors and windows make great mediums for mosaic. You can get as creative as you'd like and personalize a piece in a variety of ways. Just beautiful.
9. I bought a guitar (a couple years ago mind you... it's a sickness) for this purpose and have yet to get started. It's on my "someday" list. Right next to about 100 other things that I may or may not get to "someday".
Isn't that adorable?
From ehow.com with a tutorial
10. Lots of glass bottles and jars are just waiting to become unique works of art... what are you waiting for?
From Inspiration Sandwich
Mosaic is an easy project anyone can do that'll transform simple, everyday items into unique, creative art pieces for your home. With a quick "how to" search using google or Pinterest you'll find everything you ever wanted to know, and then some, about mosaic work.
I've got plans for a variety of projects here at the shop.... "someday"! Here's a peek at a couple of the things I'd like to do here at #TheFrog:
I bought a wicker couch and chair at Goodwill years ago that I would like to turn into concrete sculpture. Big plans, now I just need the time to work on a new project.
I'm hoping to work on the landscaping out front this fall and am planning to add a little personality and funk with the yard art.
Have you done any mosaic work? I have dabbled a bit and love it. Would love to see some of your work, feel free to share.