Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Building the Chirping Frog- Part 7

Work is well underway for our newest adventure:  The Chirping Frog, an antique, collectibles, vintage, home decor, furniture, artisan wares and more shopping mall.  I also plan to host classes in a variety of fun topics; such as mosaic, hypertufa, jewelry making, paper arts, etc.  I am so excited and a little terrified all at the same time.  Here are some links if you're interested in following our progress:
This week the bathroom walls and porch pillars were poured and now we're working on rock.  Lots and lots of rock.  My hands are still tingly from compacting last night and the fun has just begun.  Here's a look at what's been going on this week:

This is the monstrosity that will be the bathrooms.  Everyone was so nervous about this pour, at the last minute I overheard the guys say, "what's our escape plan if this things start to go?"  Thankfully, all went well and no escape plan was needed.




Here's the pillars for the front porch.  I will be adding a vertical concrete finish later on.

My husband devised "something", I still don't get exactly how its going to work, but its to help center and hold the posts.  I trust that he knows what the heck he's doing so I just pass him the tools he needs and quit asking questions (I usually get the usual, "stay in the truck" answer anyhow).



We also got the insulation for the interior of the foundation walls cut and ready to go.



 We still need more rock to fill in and get ready for the floor pour.  Somehow it needs to find its way inside the building.  Last night we worked on a ramp to get the bobcat and it seems, rock trucks, over the foundation wall.  That scares me silly but again, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.  Gotta have a little faith!

Quitting time, nearly dark and we've been dumping and compacting for hours.  We've got many, many more hours to go but soon, we'll have a floor.  Very Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...