Saturday, October 17, 2015

How To Make Cute Wall Art From Leftover Wallpaper

I fell in love with this wallpaper I was hanging for somebody else so I asked if I could keep some scrap. I had a plan. Well, it's been a couple years and I found this is the closet, I think it's about time I did something with it.

Scrap wallpaper and some ribbon is all you need. 

For a quick reminder of what to look for, where you might find cool paper products and how you could use them to uniquely decorate your home, click here: Decorating Your Home With Paper for a free subscription to my Cheat Sheet Postcard series.


Simply cut your wallpaper into strips and start weaving. My pieces are fairly small so I worked on them right side up and simply turned them over carefully when I needed to adjust something.

If you are making larger pieces use cardboard on the bottom, work on it upside down and tape every so often for support. To check your progress use another piece of cardboard on top and flip.

These frames I picked up at a garage sale. I am still considering painting them. I haven't decided yet, but the gold is growing on me.




You could get as creative as you wanted with your design and make them as big as the width of your wallpaper (or larger if you can hide your seams). Quick, easy and inexpensive.

Have you used wallpaper or other paper scraps in unique and creative ways?  Would love to see what you've done.

For a quick reminder of what to look for, where you might find cool paper products and how you could use them to uniquely decorate your home, click here: Decorating Your Home With Paper for a free subscription to my Cheat Sheet Postcard series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...