Sunday, March 8, 2015

Art Challenge 2015- Card 8 & 9

The last couple weeks I've been working on a 21 Day Art Journaling Challenge, which has been great, but time-consuming.  Nothing interesting, journal worthy really, has been happening so rather than detailing something from the week for the last two weeks I've simply practiced backgrounds.  I've learned a lot by just playing around and giving different things a try. 
 
Here's my last couple weekly cards:
 
Week 8
These are the colors I used.  The bottom white is a gloss I found at Wally World.
I used gesso over the paper first and then added water and one color.
 Then, I continued adding water with other colors. 
 I love the streaky, ethereal look that you get when water is added. 
 
This is the back of the card.  I used similar colors and a palette knife to scrape spaces off for a little more texture.
 
Week 9
Here's the colors I used and the gloss to add a little bit of texture and sheen between layers.  I just love the background effect from water and paint.
 I used a stencil and some paste for texture in the bottom corner,
 and a little bit more of a different stencil in the right corner.
 I used the gloss with a small amount of color over the top and a paper towel for a little more texture.
 Over the top I simply painted on some of the brighter color.
 This is the back.  I used nothing but water and some ink.  I adore this technique.  Would make lovely backgrounds for future projects.  Can't wait to play around a little more with it.
 
 
To see more of my Art Challenge 2015 posts you can check them out here.
 
 
 
Now for the 21 Day Art Challenge, days 12-14.  If you'd like to see previous days, here's 1-7 and 8-11.
 
Day 12- Can I Quote You On That?
I drew out a cityscape and then pasted a quote in the grassy area and wrote out a few of my own thoughts pertaining to the quote within the sky area.  I tried a mirror image but I'm a little challenged so I screwed it up, the thought I was going for still gets across.

 
Day 13- Paint Over A Photo
My plan for the photo was a fire ring, with the thought of aiming for your goals.  Suffice it to say that didn't work. 
 I used a watered down gesso and wiped some off with a paper towel to block out and add some texture.
 I didn't have the right colors to make fire so I turned it into a flower instead.

 
Day 14- Ephemera
Mom and I took a trip this past summer to Florida.  We drove and antiqued/thrifted all the way.  We had so much fun.  I used a duplicate flyer from one of the shops for this page.


 
If you are not playing around with some form of art, no matter what it is, I highly encourage you to do so.  It is so therapeutic and just a great time.  Keep learning and growing every day!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...