Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bon-Fire Fun Prepwork and My Favorite Soup Recipe....

This is last year's prepwork for our annual Fall Bonfire.  Here I am, this year's Bon-Fire is scheduled for Saturday, it's now Tuesday and I'm once again rushing to try and get things prepped and cleaned up around here.  If only I was a little more organized!


My husband's contraption to store Tiki Torches, works pretty good.  Last year he had these brackets made, easy set-up vs. year's past.


 He chopped more than enough firewood.....

 Tiki Torches line the circle driveway and the pathway down to the backyard,  his " light orbs" make their debut as well.   Last year he dug holes and cemented in small plastic piping with caps (look close at the pic on the right), when you want to use the torches simply take off the cap and stick the torch in the pipe.....

Got all the tables set up and ready to go,  just waiting for guests to arrive.


I had trouble sleeping last night, knowing how much I still needed to get done this morning before people started to arrive.

On the Menu:

Chili, Spicy Chicken Tomato Soup, HotDogs, of course,  and my favorite Banana Bars and Pumpkin Cookies.  Chips and salsa, Cheese Ball with Crackers, Hmmmm, Hmmmm,  Good!


This is my favorite soup of all time,  Spicy Chicken Tomato Soup.
Yummy!

2 cans (14 1/2oz) chicken broth
3 cups shredded chicken
2 cups frozen corn
1 can (10 3/4oz) tomato puree
1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1-2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Dump it into a crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.  Doesn't get any easier than that!  It also freezes well!   Have I told you that I LOVE this stuff!


This year I am behind, again.  Imagine that!  I really need to get outside and clean up but that is probably not gonna happen.  It is what it is, we'll have fun regardless and hey, if you're critiquing my house and yard you might as well stay home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...