Sunday, July 3, 2016

Building The Chirping Frog- Part 16


It's been quite a week.  I had a little run in with the vacuum cleaner and broke my pinkie toe in two places, had to have it set and everything.  That put a little bit of a damper on things.

I'd told Jason the wainscoting would take me two weeks, last Saturday I was so exited because we were only one week in and I only needed two more days to finish (I even started making plans for what other work I could get done with those days I wouldn't be using for concrete work, foolish girl), until the toe handicap that is.  I took a couple days off and by Wednesday was back at it.  Today is Friday and I'm done.  Still finished in two weeks, just didn't go quite how I'd pictured it.

I tried to get Jason to let me do something funky with the carved concrete but he said, "not on my building" so this is the best I could do.  

Last Saturday, after a round of mixing for me, Jason started putting together the trusses for the entry.  These are the posts.  When we poured the support pillars we had some weird block-outs going on, that's what the bolts are for.

There's a metal plate between the concrete pillar and the wood post, the bolt coming out of the post reaches down into the concrete opening and is accessible through the block-out.

Here's a shot into the block out and it's "parts"

By the time I got done with my carving Jason had gotten the four posts set and the two pieces you see here.  Now the fun begins....

Truss #1 going in.

Almost done getting them up.  Still have to put in a couple supports and then we'll be done for the day.  (Not a moment too soon, Mom just showed up for a visit this week and it's HOT! Ready to quit for the day.  No sooner did we get home than I stubbed my toe on the vacuum.  How is it I can work all day in the heat helping out with projects such as this without a scratch and then go home to kick a vacuum and end up in the ER?  Somebody explain that to me please?)

Look how good the decking looks.

Work on the roof is progressing, hopefully with next weeks addition I can show you a finished product, won't that be exciting?  

Here's weekly updates from the beginning if you're interested:

Still lots of little things to do before the siding goes up but things are starting to come together and before you know it we'll be closed up and the interior work can begin.  One step closer to opening our doors for business!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...