Friday, July 8, 2016

12 Creative DIY Projects to Re-purpose Rolling Pins


In years past I fell in love with a carved rolling pin at a local antique shop.  I tend to gravitate towards rolling pins for some odd reason (not much of a baker) but I still have yet to purchase any, thinking I need to break down and buy me a gorgeous carved one to start my collection.   

While cleaning out my grandmother's home I came across multiple well-used rolling pins (nothing fancy) that I'd like to keep around since they belonged to grammy.   Here's a few examples of creative ways to re-purpose rolling pins into functional decorative elements for your home.

How about a coat rack for the entry or towel hooks in the bathroom?  A great way to display a decorative collection.
creative ways to repurpose old kitchen stuff by architecturendesign.net
Add some silverware for smaller items like hot pads, keys, coffee cups, etc.
itsforthehome.com
Makes an adorable tiered tray.
craftstorageideas.com
Cute way to display a decorative towel in the kitchen.
Found on Hometalk
The rolling pins could be decorated in a variety of ways to meet your needs and then used as bookends.
modpodgerocksblog.com
wheelerwilliam on Etsy
It's a little early for Christmas Decor but I couldn't resist, this is just adorable!
organizedclutter.net
What about a wind chime.  Really cute idea.
passingtimeandchime on Etsy
How about using them for stamps.  So easy and you can personalize them in so many ways to make the design uniquely yours.
tidbits-cami.com
alisaburke.blogspot.com
I don't know about you but I'm always looking for my recipe card in the mess surrounding my cooking space.  This is a great idea to keep it up off the counter and easily accessible.
knickoftime.net
Love the idea of using rolling pins for hanging window treatments.  Again, so many possibilities and ways you could personalize this to make it your own.  Great idea!
yourhouseandgarden.com
People are so creative.  I couldn't find a picture but I've also seen a rolling pin lamp.  Adorable!  Have you made anything cute with rolling pins?  Come on, inspire us, we'd love to see what you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...