Friday, July 15, 2016

"Believe in Yourself" Mini Journal Pendant Necklace

Shortly after Christmas I spent a week with my mom crafting and thrifting, boy did we have fun.  One of the projects I worked on was this mini journal that I planned to turn into a pendant.  It's taken me a long time to get back to it but finally, here it is:

I started with a candy box cut to size, covered in cardstock and a greeting card.  I cut the card in half and glued it onto the front and back of my cover (pay attention, the first one I did, you can see it in the background, I ran the wrong direction, oops.)

I then used some scrap papers to make two small signatures.

I added grommets to attach the necklace and sewed the signatures with hemp cord.

I found a necklace at a local antique mall that I cut apart and used portions of for the chain, with a few wire-wrapped beads and a key mixed in.

Still need to add some decorative touches to the pages and a closure.  I've "finished" multiple journals but not a single one of them has a closure.  Just not sure what I want to do.  I could go with a button and ribbon or stretchy cord but that's just too expected.... think I need a trip into town to visit the hardware store and see what I can come up with.

I call it "Believe in Yourself, That's the Key!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...