While garagin' last summer I found this dresser with a lowboy to match and knew I just had to have it. I love two-tone furniture where large portions of the wood is left alone but some interest is added by painting out the framework of the piece. That's what I want to do with this dresser. It's going to be gorgeous.
It's in pretty good shape, just a few minor issues that'll get taken care of a few pictures down. Here's what I started with. A nice dresser that some needs a little bit of TLC.
I painted out the frame, priming it first and then giving it a couple coats of white paint.
The drawers are in good condition with only minor knicking around the corners, they are just dry and worn looking.
I refreshed them by giving them a gentle sanding and adding a coat of stain. Look how great they look. Amazing how something so simple can add so much richness.
One of the problems with this piece is the backing, it has ripped off on one side and is really loose on the other. Nothing a hammer and a few nails couldn't fix.
The other issue is this drawer. The center guide pieces were completely missing so the drawer didn't function properly. Simple fix, I just cut two pieces to fit and glued them in. Worked like a charm.
Look at the finished result. What a beautiful dresser (if I do say so myself!).