Monday, August 18, 2014

Easy Peasy Backsplash...

I was surprised just how easy these panels really were to install.... they even cut with a pair of scissors.... I purchased them at Lowe's (because that's where I was at the time) they are also available at Home Depot.......
 
This is what the kitchen backsplash looked like before..... very appealing eh? 
 
The tile are a little expensive.... right at $20 each, so I didn't want to waste any making stupid mistakes.... (like that'd ever happen) so I made paper templates.... worked out really good!
 
 I was cutting them with a razor blade first and that was kind of a pain so I thought.... why not give scissors a try.  Voila'..... they worked.  I really didn't expect them too.  So much easier.
 
I still haven't gotten the magnetic latches attached.... soon.  There are a couple minor things (a window treatment and a small patch of paneling still on the right of the picture which needs to wait till I tackle the next set of paneling) but the kitchen is really looking wonderful.
 
 Do you notice the dark shadow between the cabinets by the fridge.... yeah.... gotta fix that as well.  Whoever took the cabinet doors off also removed this section of the frame... why?  No idea... so I'll have to fix that as well.... there's always a long list of fix-ums isn't there?
 
 I've used curtain panels from Target in the eat-in area of the kitchen so I'm going to use a panel to make a valance for this window.... it'll add the perfect little pop of color...
 
Now that "rush week" is over I'll be conquering small projects at a time until Spring when the homeowner will be putting the house on the market.  Still have a pretty long to-do list.  Stay tuned for future projects.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...