Work is well underway on our newest adventure: The Chirping Frog, an antique, collectibles, vintage, home decor, furniture, artisan wares and more shopping mall. I also plan to host classes in a variety of fun topics; such as mosaic, hypertufa, jewelry making, paper arts, etc. I am so excited and a little terrified all at the same time.
The interior work has begun, so very exciting! Lots of work to do but it feels really good to finally be starting on the inside. Here's a peek at what's been happening this week:
Sewer piping is in. Not the most exciting part of the build but absolutely necessary.
The pillars got stained and sealed.
Cases are unpacked and in the shed.
The air conditioning units are in,
and we've been working on installing blocking for the venting to attach to.
Last bit of siding is on and the guys have most of the trim-work and ridge-line done (still have some fixin' work to do but I can say we're "closed up".... loosely anyhow).
The best part, electrical has begun. So exciting!
This has been my view for the weekend and boy is it hot up here!
This is the interior of the storage closet where our "command center" will be.
We worked after dark Sunday (Jason had his sexy little head lamp on and I used the flashlight on my phone) getting everything tidied up and out of the way for the electrician on Monday morning.
Still have a few wires to pull but most of our pullin' is done. Jason will spend a while getting it all hooked up and ready for use.
Here's weekly updates from the beginning if you're interested:
- Part 1- Clean-up
- Part 2- Dirt Work
- Part 3- Tons of Rock & Footings
- Part 4- Foundation Walls
- Part 5- Foundation Walls Poured
- Part 6- Forming Bathroom Walls
- Part 7- Bathroom Walls Poured
- Part 8- Rock, rock and more rock!
- Part 9- Concrete Floor Pour
- Part 10- Clean-up
- Part 11- Framing is Underway
- Part 12- Trusses
- Part 13- Trusses Are Up
- Part 14- Metal Started on Roof
- Part 15- Roof and Concrete Wainscoting
- Part 16- More Carved Concrete and Pine Log Entry gets installed
- Part 17- Concrete gets stained, doors installed and grouted, still working on getting us closed up.
- Part 18- Framing interior walls.
- Part 19-Miscellaneous projects
Still lots to do but wow, its all coming together and soon we'll be opening our doors for business. Can't wait!