Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Let the Fun Begin, Again!

This house is a continual "work in progress".    We started with simply painting paneling and changing some flooring in the main portion of the house.  Next, we headed outside and worked on the landscaping.  Wow, what a difference that made.  Next, well, this is it!  The homeowner was going to be out of town for a week and my plan was to get it all done while she was gone.  It was a whirlwind.... I'm lovin' the results.  (Here's some links to first couple phases, 1 and 2)

Sometime in January it's time to get back over there.  I have two bedrooms still to paint on the main living floor and then it's time to tackle floor #2.  Here's a reminder of some of the work from whirlwind week and at the very end, a glimpse of floor #2.  It should be a very interesting project.

Before....
 There was nasty worn-out carpeting on the floor....and the countertops were covered in stuff...

Before....
I have a bad habit of hitting the ground running and forgetting to take before pictures.... so imagine the color of the paneling also on the cabinets.... perty eh!

After....
Painted walls and cabinetry, changed out the flooring and added some decorative touches....I still have some caulking to do (if it was ever done it's disintegrated over the years) and painting the baseboards... not a bad result for minor cosmetic changes.


After....
I also changed her toilet seat cover.... there was a cream colored one with stains on it before.... a fresh wood one that matches the floor looks so much nicer.  I'd also like the curtain to swag but didn't have what I needed to make that happen.... a small project for another day.

Before...
Except for the ladder this is what the kitchen looked like before... missing doors and all.

Before.....

After.....
I added some trimwork, painted the cabinets and cleaned all the pulls and hinges.  I didn't get to the backsplash but you can see the "tin" backsplash I want to add.  The countertops are 50's laminate... I am shocked at how well they cleaned up.  Once I get the backsplash done it all just needs some fresh caulk and it'll look great.  The appliances could use a good cleaning too!  The magnetic latches on some of the cabinets are missing as well.  I bought them but didn't have time to get them on.... A project for another day....
 


Before....
The bed is on the floor... the closet doors were leaning behind the bed as a makeshift headboard.  The curtain (in the right edge of the picture) is just hooked on nails in the corner of the window and the part of the picture you can't see is a mess!

After....
The pictures don't do this room justice.  It's really great.  Bought a bed!  Wow... what a difference that made.  The doors got hung, changed out the window treatments and cleaned it up.  The area you can't see is bare... a seating area would look great!

Before....
Again, I didn't get the true before picture... I've already painted the brown wall and the right side wall.  The green couch and the cube end table I brought up from the basement.  The small step-ladder is there for me to paint.... Caleb had already cleaned out the room as well.... it was loaded with "stuff".... You get the idea from what it looks like now...

After...
Cleaned it all out, painted, bought some lamps and throw pillows, window treatments.  Any accessories were already in the room.  I've got ideas for adding personal touches.... another future project.
After....
This room is also amazing.  It's pretty bare right now compared to before when it was loaded with stuff.  It needs a light on the other end and some personal touches would be nice... another day.


Alas, Floor #2
There are two main rooms on this level with a small bathroom.  I have an idea for the ceiling and ductwork, we need a new floor and there's TONS of little fixes, those always seem to take forever!  First thing I'll have to do is clean it out, that's the part I'm dreading, the rest will be fun and the results will be spectacular, I'm sure.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...