Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cookie Bake Is Coming Soon.....


I am running around like crazy trying to get my house decorated and in order for company.  I have a couple last minute projects I'd like to complete and need some supplies to finish up a couple more that I've got hanging around.... patiently waiting for me to get 'er done!  The pictures give you a glimpse into the decorating I'm working on this year.....





Today is shopping day.... time to go through my baking stash, weed out expired stuff, take an inventory and pick up fresh supplies.  As well as figure out the menu.  It needs to be easy and if it needs to cook, must use a crock-pot (I tried the setting on my stove to cook while we're at church and we ended up not eating very quickly when I got home.... forgot about warm up time and the food had been in the fridge.  Didn't work out very well).  Here's what I've decided.......

Sloppy Joe and BBQ Pork.  Everyone should like one of those two I'd think and leftovers I can freeze and use for our dinners later.  I am also going to have chips and dip and possibly a veggie tray.  We'll see.  Those are kind of a pain in the butt.  It'd be easier to make a cheese ball and crackers.  We're going to fill up on cookies anyhow.  I want to try a new recipe I posted as well for dessert (as if cookies aren't going to be our dessert).  Company are always my guinea pigs for new recipes.  Here's some pictures from a couple years ago:















It should be a crazy, crazy day but my decorating will get completed.  A little more cleaning and some food prep, one decoupage project that makes me smile every time I think about it and I'll be ready for Sunday Fun Day and Baking Goodness!  We always have a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...