Friday, December 5, 2014

Nostalgia.....

I find myself becoming more and more sentimental as the boys are getting older.  One is a Junior at Western Kentucky while the other is a Sophomore at SIUE and lives at home.  It won't be long and they'll be raising families of their own.  Amazing!

I have been throwing around multiple ideas for what to do with my coffee table in the living room, that I hate, and finally made a decision, my sentimentality won out!

I am well underway with the project and am really, really happy with my choice.  I'm thinking I'll be spending more time in the living room now.  Here's a picture of the living room when we moved in (it's changed a little since then but this is the best before picture of the table).

Now, here's what I've done:

Originally I thought I'd lay the pictures out squared off into boxes with each box facing a different direction.  So, four boxes with wherever you're sitting the right side of the table faces you.  As you move around the table the right side would always face you.  Well, after laying it out I decided I didn't like it very much. 

Then, I tried a "pin wheel".  I fell in love with that.  I really love the "movement" it created.  The center picture is a larger picture of my husband with my youngest (one of my favorites) and the pics just radiate outward from there.  I smile every time I walk into this room.  Right now it's only glued down, its nearly time to start putting on the final coats.  Can hardly wait!





 
Now I am completely in love with my coffee table.  I can't help but sit around it and reminiscence about "the good ole' days".  What wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...