Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apple Pork Chops.... Tonight's Dinner

I am not a big fan of Pork Chops.... I've tried them over and over... always dry and tough... ..
Tonight..... wonderful! 
 
You can find the original recipe at rachelschultz.com  I tweaked it for my dinner tonight....I never have the right ingredients and rarely follow the directions.... drives my husband crazy.  No recipe is the same twice.  Hey, variety is the spice of life.... right! 
 
Here's what I did:
 
This is what I had in the freezer.... a package of pork loin chops....
 
The package had eight chops... I used half now and froze half for later.  First layer..... two chops, cinnamon, sliced apple, half a chopped onion, a swig of apple cider vinegar and drizzle it with honey.....
 
Repeat........ it cooked for right about seven hours.... came out tender and moist.... mouthwatering!  This will be a repeat recipe for sure....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...