Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mom's Cast-off Finds a New Home.....

 Mom gave me this bench a couple years ago, it's been in the shed ever since.  Finally I've gotten around to doing something with it.  My initial plan was to paint it but I decided against it.  I really love the finish as it is so I simply cleaned it up and touched up a couple bad spots.

You can see the original "cushion", if you can call it that, in the background.  Really dirty, grungy and no padding whatsoever.  Can you say "ucky"?
 
I had this fabric left-over from another project.  I love the colors so I used it to recover the bench seat, you're gonna laugh but I'm gonna tell you anyhow, I used an extra pillow as the cushioning.  I was antsy to get the project done and didn't have any other cushioning materials on hand, it worked wonderfully!
 
I placed it at the front door.  Now, what to do with this weird display space above.  Don't you hate it when all the "necessities" are placed in odd spots.  How do you hang stuff with all that "ugly" in the way!  Well,  I tend to work with it and incorporate it into the display.

I had this mirror left-over from another project and I loved it, so I kept it, it works here.  I got the embroidered art at a family reunion (we always have an auction to help fund the next reunion, this was one of my purchases) and I love the colors.   I still have two small spots to help fill in the space. One spot I've got planned, the other I'm still looking for, I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Maybe that last spot can be a "switch-er-roo" spot where I can put something related to the season/holiday.  Sounds like a good idea to me.  Stay-tuned and I'll update you on what I decide.
 
Happy Decorating.....

1 comment:

  1. For heaven's sake, lose the periods! I loved your post but all the periods were so distracting. Proper punctuation is so much easier when trying to read a sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...