Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Start of A Bedroom Makeover

We built our home eight years ago.  In that time I have done very, very little to change up the décor.  I tend to get it how I want it and love it for a long, long time.  Well, eight years is long enough and I'm ready for some change.  Not drastic change, but change.  I do not want to spend a lot of money, I am hoping to make an impact without breaking the bank.  Here's a few pictures of my bedroom before I decided to change it up.

I had this wallpaper, fabric and wall color picked out while we were still framing the house.  I made the headboard and eventually added a different nightstand and mirror.  I am always playing with pillows and bedding but never seem to get a combination that I like.  Hoping to change that with my new mini-makeover.
 
This is the wall opposite the bed.  There is a t.v. cabinet next to the desk and it is a recent addition.  The frog pictures, which I LOVE, I've had since we moved in, the rest has been pulled in with the desk (there was a chair in this corner for years).
 
 Here's the mirror that I found at a garage sale for $3.00.  I adore it. 
 
 This wall was blank for years until my grandmother came for a visit and I hadn't hung any of her paintings yet.  She would have a cow if they weren't hung so I quickly made a gallery wall of her work.  The only one she didn't paint is the upper, middle painting of the little boy playing in the stream (which happens to be my favorite one, sorry grandma).  They have hung here for at least six years and I'm ready for a change. 
 
So, I have shown you the pillow fabric I fell in love with and the direction I'd like to go for the room in a previous post entitled, "My New Girly Pillows".  From this fabric I chose a wall color that I'm completely in love with.  Now, to finish up the rest of the room.
 This is the gallery wall where grandma's paintings used to hang.  I don't know what I'm putting here yet.  Who knows, her paintings might just find there way back up on the wall but I really want a change.  We'll see what I come up with.
 Here is the desk area.  It's a fairly new addition as it is so I haven't done anything to it.  I need a great chair though to help finish it off.
Here's my side of the bed.  My favorite painting found a spot but so far nothing else.  I removed the headboard to paint and decided it's time for a new one.  My husband and I would like to make one from the cedar we picked up last winter.  Not sure how long that will take and the thought of another blank wall is going to drive me crazy.  I've told him, we make it or I plan for something else.  Give him a little time and we'll see what happens.
 
I have some sewing to do, a few shams and at least one more pillow and I'm considering a new skirt as well.  This is good enough for now.  Everything is a work in progress around here, too many irons in the fire, so hopefully the addition of a headboard and a decision on the gallery wall will help me finish up the room.  Thankfully, I didn't need to change out the window treatments, they work as is.
 
Do you work like that?  Sometimes it seems like two steps forward and one step back.  It gets done, just not as quickly and smoothly as I'd like.  So far so good though.  I'm in love with the color and the changes I've made I really like so now to pull it all together, in time.  Patience, little one, patience!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...