Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Leaves Are Falling- My Jewelry Creations

One of my newest creations and I'd like your opinion to help me finish it up. To begin with I made the rough shape of leaves using 18 gauge copper wire.
 I made five leaves, roughly the same size (not a perfectionist, leaves in nature are not exact), adding a loop at the top for connection.  At the time I was making these I didn't know how I would be using them.  I have a tendency to do that.  Just go where the whim takes me at the time and then figure out how to finish it or use it later.  Can be frustrating at times but that's my process.  What can I say, I'm a frustrating person (just ask my husband).
 I wire wrapped only the smaller corner section where I ended my wire in the center of the leaf around one edge.
 Here's a few completed leaves, well, wire-woven anyhow.
 I found these gorgeous emerald green beads at a bead show and thought they were perfect.  I wire wrapped them all along the outer edge of the leaf shape.
 Here it is, completed.  Now, what to do with it!
 
 
Here's what I've come up with, so far:
 
I want to make an armature to attach the leaves too and have more-or-less, a bib necklace.  I had to order some larger wire.  I believe this is 14 gauge copper.  I made my initial shape and added loops on either end to attach a chain when I'm done.
 I wire wrapped the opening together.
 Did a tiny bit of hammering around the curves and started wrapping each "finger".
 I placed three leaves, figured where I wanted them and started attaching them to the armature.
 Here it is with the leaves attached.  Now, I'm ready to finish it off!  I am thinking it needs a little something more.  My idea so far is to make a flower for the center, where the three leaves meet towards the top.  I think that'd be the perfect finishing touch.  What do you think?  I made the leaves over the summer while traveling with my husband for his work.  The armature a couple weeks ago and now it's time to "get 'er done".
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...