Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Baked Tilapia

Last night's plan for dinner was Tilapia..... I'm not a big fan of fish and my husband tried to ban it from the house.... along with chicken and pork (yep, red meat is all he wants) but it's so good for you and with our "trying to eat healthy" ..... ya just gotta "suck it up" and eat it.  This recipe is pretty good and a repeat at our house.

Here's the recipe:

Tilapia Fillets
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt 
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. paprika

Combine butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt.  Pour over fillets.  Sprinkle with oregano and paprika.  Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

I usually bake 4-6 fillets and I always double the ingredients so I have lots of flavor..... and..... of course..... I didn't have the right ingredients last night so I changed things up....

Here's what I had to work with:
Salmon, not tilapia..... I followed the recipe, doubled, except I didn't have oregano... used parsley instead and I added chives.




Straight out of oven....
 
Along with some sliced peaches..... pretty good..... for fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...