Monday, June 1, 2015

My Bathroom is Begging for a Change

 
We built our house eight years ago.  The bathroom looks exactly as it did then.  I am ready for a change.  Nothing drastic,  I still like the foundation of the room.  I don't want to spend a lot, but a change is in order. 
 
Here's a look at the bathroom as it is now and a look into the changes I'm planning.  Decorating is a process so I'm sure things will change, but here's my plan.
 
 This is the view to the left, standing at the entry from the bedroom into the bathroom.  Directly across from this door is the door into the closet.  I have always wanted to paint or wallpaper above the tile-work but as you see, that hasn't happened.  It's about time don't you think?

I am also considering changing the window treatments.  I made these right after we moved in, never finished off the hem of the roman shade and wanted to add some trim (I love trim).  Again, hasn't happened yet.  Depending on what I do with the rest of the space will determine my decision for the windows.  Hmmm!  I'm considering using that scarf as a valance and just putting a film on the window to let us see out but others not see in. 

Stenciling is also an option.  I took a look around but am not impressed with what I've seen in stores.  While sitting here writing this I see a roll of paper and am thinking, "what an awesome pattern".  I could make my own stencil, lightbulb moment!






This is the view into the right side of the room.  I still like all the structural pieces and my tile-work.  Just want to add a little something with paint or wallpaper to finish it off.

A few accessories and it'll be good to go.






That's the closet door I spoke about earlier.  I am also contemplating painting the doors.  I love the look of painted doors but not sure my husband would go for that.  I'll get everything else done and then re-consider.
Adding some paint, stenciling or wallpaper above the tile will completely change the look of the room.  Not sure if I'll keep it neutral or jazz it up with some color.  Decisions, decisions.

I have chosen a wall color for the bedroom so I need to get that painted first and then build off of it.  I would like to contrast.  Stay tuned for the end result.  I'm really excited to be taking some baby steps and making some changes around here.  Eight years is a long time.  Bring on some change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...