Saturday, August 30, 2014

Weekly Treasures.....

What a fun week of treasure hunting.... A friend and I couldn't find any garage sales advertised (holiday weekend and all) so we opted to hit Goodwill.... then, she suggested a thrift store in Greenville, IL.... I'd never been so off we went. 

Wow.... we spent the entire day shopping.... we both thought we'd only be gone a couple hours.  We left her house at 9:30 in the morning and I didn't get her back till nearly 5:00.

We had a great time.... if you're looking for a fun day check out the little town of Greenville, Illinois there's quite a few resale, thrift and antique stores to look at. 

We did end up finding a garage sale... picked up some fun stuff... not sure what I'm doing with it yet... but fun stuff none the less.

Great Finds...

Great books and gorgeous tins.... so much fun

This lamp was screaming my name.... I am so in love with it!



I am completely in love with quite a few of the things I found... I have a rule though.... it all gets cleaned up, priced and taken to Pinkie (The Pink Elephant Antique Mall in Livingston, IL where I have a shop) for a couple months.... then, if it's still available and I'm still in love with it.... I bring it home and add it to my personal collection!  Yes, I've broken that rule many times... especially with Shawnee Pottery.... but it works very well for me.
 
More often that not it sells and I don't have to worry about it! 
 
Win/Win

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...