Monday, April 25, 2016

Adorable Decoupaged Girls Desk

I have been playing with decoupage, a lot, lately.  I really love the technique and the finished result, definitely a learning process and not as "smooth" as I thought going in, but I really loving how things are turning out.

This little desk belonged to my grandmother.  It's in really good shape (except for a few knicks here and there) but had begun to yellow in weird ways.  I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint and add some interest with paper.

I primed it and added two coats of white paint.


 I plan to decoupage the inner portion of the drawers, leaving the outer edge white and change out the drawer pulls.

Here's the paper I chose.  I love the colors and the large floral print is gorgeous.  At first I was only going to cover the drawer fronts but then I thought, why not add a punch of color from the side as well.  Wow!  I really love the result.

I had a little help changing out the knobs, as always.  At least she let me get it done.  Usually she's tearing the tool or sandpaper right out of my hand.  I'm not allowed to work when she is present.

 New knobs, what a huge difference they make. 

Love the finished result. 



 Have you done any decoupage projects?  Would love to see what you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...