Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Spare Room Finally Comes Together

Sometime last year I participated in a Share-A-Thon for Hometalk and wallpapered an old bed.  Here's a reminder of that project and a link to the original post.
Before

After

Yep, that's where I left the project, until recently.  I've finally gotten a room put together to give you a peek at a true finished product.

I still would like some accessories and artwork in the room but I tend to gather and decorate over time.  Eventually I'll find things that catch my eye, no rush.

These lamps were old faux wood bamboo lamps that I spray painted black.  The shades were a little wanky so I played with them as well by painting the interior a shimmering gold, thought it'd add a little ambience.



They turned out really cute (if I do say so myself).

The drapery behind the bed is a simple painter's dropcloth that I've stenciled (another Hometalk Share-a-Thon Project), a really easy way to personalize and make unique window treatments, bedding, pillows, etc.  Have you done anything unique with wallpaper or stenciled something unexpected?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...