Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bathroom Update- Almost Done!

Believe it or not, almost done!  The baseboards are in and the tub surround is done.  I have a day of finishing touches and the project is complete.  It's been a long road but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.


We decided to use beadboard for the tub surround.  I used the original wood as a base, cutting it down to fit (the addition of tile shrunk the space a bit).  Once I'd gotten it cut I couldn't use all the old screw holes so I had to make some new ones.  I didn't have the tool with me to sink them so I used a standard drill bit and made a  shallow hole to sink the screw into (it needs to be flush for the beadboard to lay over the top).

It's in, still needs the nail holes filled and a coat of paint.

Got the nail holes filled and now I need to caulk and paint.  It's looking good, and almost done!

Thursday is my last day, it'll be a long day of finishing touches and this project will be complete.  Before and After pictures coming soon.


2 comments:

  1. Found your blog about 2 months ago. I love your posts and check daily for a new one. Your talent, skills and projects have me in awe! I'll be back, you have a wonderful way of making me think I'd like to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope to keep you inspired and ready to take on new projects yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...