Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Wonderful World of Vintage Textiles

I find myself drawn to particular things when walking through an antique mall or thrift shop.  Very near the top of my list is textiles, of any kind.  From old clothing to napkins and tablecloths or a beautiful quilt will have me drooling.  I just love them. 

Here's a sampling of great things, within the textile realm, I found at a local antique shop:


This booth is chock full of all kinds of fabric creations, from quilts and coverlets to napkins and hankies, a huge selection.

 This is one of my favorites.  I just love the crocheted throw with flower insets, beautiful.
 Cute, cute, cute. 

My grandmother had a lot of tablecloths that look so pretty and lacy but are really more of a plastic.  Easily cleaned and still looks great.  The best of both worlds.

Yep, deja vu, this is the same throw.  Told you I tend to gravitate.  I just LOVE it!  These pictures were taken on separate days, I just know what I like I guess.

Lots of beautiful linens and bedding.  Pillowcases can be turned into decorative throw pillows or used as valances for window treatments and of course, for pillowcases.

Another tablecloth.  This one I am thinking about getting.  It's gorgeous!

 Pink chenille blankie, with fringe to boot!  What more could a girl ask for?

Gotta love all the vintage clothing.  Wouldn't be caught dead in any of it but it's sure fun to look at.

Crazy quilts.  So colorful and each one is so unique.

Lastly, a wedding dress.  This one reminds me of my 8th grade graduation dress.  Lace neckline and all.  What was I thinking?

Do you have any favorite items you tend to gravitate towards in the thrift shops?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...