Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Quick and Easy Taco Salad Dinner

When my husband and I met in college there was a small group of us that took turns cooking a meal to share with one another.  Taco Salad is the meal my future hubby prepared.  We've been making it ever since.  No, it doesn't qualify for our "no added sugar or preservatives diet" but neither does the doughnut I had for lunch yesterday.  (I didn't say I was doing good on the diet, I'm having an awful time).
 
Anyhow, here's what you'll need:
 
1 lb. Hamburger
Pkg. Taco Seasoning
 
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Taco Sauce or Salsa
Mayonnaise
Nacho Cheese Doritoes
 
Brown your hamburger and add seasonings, while it simmers shred lettuce, crumble a handful of Doritoes (we have used plain Tortilla  chips instead) and add cheese to your liking.  Mix mayo and taco sauce or a couple spoonfuls of salsa.  Add seasoned hamburger to the salad mixture, pour mayo mix over the top and stir it all together.  Done. 
 
We eat ours by scooping it up with chips.  Yummy!  Back in our college days it was served in a taco salad shell (you can find them at the store with all the other Mexican food supplies).
 
As you have probably noticed there are no measurements, I just throw stuff together.  No recipe I ever make is the same twice, drives my husband crazy.  I'd guestimate about 1/4 cup of Mayo.  I used about 1/2 a head of Romaine lettuce last night for the two of us.
 
We are pretty picky eaters around here so no added extras but there is so much you can do with this recipe to make it your own.  So Good!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...